Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Favorite Christmas Gift

I know it is May, but I have to share my favorite gift from Christmas.

I have been talking for a long time about the possibility of learning more about herbs. Well, in December when we realized the School of Natural Healing had Christmas specials we decided to take the plunge. I enrolled in the Family Herbalist course. I had just over 3 months to complete it. It was a ton of work with 3 books to read (2 were pretty small), 7 cds or dvds to listen to or watch, 3 study guides (one being really big) to complete, and an exam to finish.  The exam ended up just being a quiz and I just got my results back this last week...100%.  I over studied for the quiz, but am glad that I did. I feel like I know so much about herbs now and yet this is only the beginning and it was just a general overview of herbs. This course is the prerequisite course for the Master Herbalist program.  I plan on continuing to study and learn and work my way through the program. I love it! These classes, I have a feeling, will be my Christmas presents (and Birthday and Anniversary) for the next couple of years and I have to say that they will continue to be my favorite gifts.

Let me know if you have any questions about herbs...

No comments: