Thursday, May 24, 2012

Feelings Buried Alive Never Die

I decided several years ago I should get this book and try it out since my mother loved it and highly recommended it. 

Have you ever read a book that suddenly just makes you want to throw it across the room? Well this happens regularly with this book.  Sometimes it just hits too close to the truth... 

There is a section where you can look up different illnesses, the location of pains, and other affirmities your body might be experiencing.  As you look up whatever is afflicting you it then lists the different feelings that are associated with these issues.  I so hate it when I look up something, read what is listed, and realize it is spot on with whatever emotional issues I am currently going through.  Sometimes it is as if someone is reading my mind or God is directing me to know what I need to change in my life.  If I am not wanting to be humble and hear such correct chastisement, I want to throw the book across the room.  And then...I get over it and work on unburying those feelings, dealing with them, and releasing them so that I can have a happier and healthier life. 

So, I say that I have a love-hate relationship with this book and am truly grateful for the things I have learned about myself from reading it and using it as a reference. 

(Don't be too shocked by so many blog posts as of lately -- I don't know if I can keep it up)

No comments: