Sunday, May 20, 2012

Cakes for Scouts

My son had to make a cake for the Blue and Gold Banquet last year. 
This is what we came up with:
Campfire, Tents, and Dock
This year they did the scout activity differently...  Each cake that was brought was auctioned off.  We decided to make a fruit pizza that we would buy ourselves.  The crust is our favorite sugar cookie recipe with a cream cheese frosting.  I believe we pleased him when we spent the most on a cake.  We had fun!  And the pizza tasted great!
I can't find the picture of the pizza we took to the auction. My son had arranged the fruit randomly and it surprised us how nice it looked.  We used blackberries instead of grapes and maybe some other differences.  I can't remember it all.  Where oh where did I save that picture?

No comments: