Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Family Yahtzee Game

Before Christmas this last year I was trying to think of gift ideas that would be inexpensive and yet meaningful. My younger sister led me to this idea which I immediately fell in love with and decided that I could actually make one of these for another sister and her family. It ended up being a really easy and inexpensive idea. I called up my sister and had her e-mail me family pictures. She immediately wanted to know what they were for and kept trying to get it out of me. The original idea used bigger blocks, but I just bought a package of six 1 inch blocks from Michael's. I was really concerned that the pictures were going to be too small, but the smaller blocks seemed a better size for a yahtzee game. I think they turned out really well. There are so many sizes of blocks to choose from and several of them fit perfectly into this box. This box I also found at Michael's for $1.50. This box is the old cigar style boxes or from my early elementary years it was the style of my pencil box (if any of you are old enough to know what I am talking about). The game pages that I printed out and cut fit perfectly into it. I love how it turned out and almost didn't want to mail it. My sister absolutely loved it. Please share any great ideas that you might have for this next year. It is never too early to start planning.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I LOVE this!!!! I am going to have to try it out. I will let you know how it turns out.

Cyndi said...

I remember you saying that you were doing this but I never saw pictures! I love it. KEEP POSTING!!!

Islandalli said...

I Love Love this. My requirements for family gifts for brothers and sisters are that it has to be affordable, something the whole family can do together and fun for all ages. Hard to come up with stuff like that. One year it was jammie pants and bedtime books for everyone, one year it was aprons, chef hats and children's cookbooks. This looks like tons of fun, and other games like cousin memory would make a great family game nigth pack. Thanks!!!

Morgan Moore said...

What a cute idea! Love this and loving your blog. And you. xoxo